Should touch events update the cursor position?

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Oct 20 13:35:55 UTC 2014

On Monday 20 October 2014 14:58:19 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Monday, October 20, 2014 14:30:50 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > >
> > > Under Weston, my touchscreen does nothing, that feels broken and is
> > > useless.
> >
> > please specify what you mean with "does nothing" and how you run Weston
> > (on
> > a  VT or nested on X11).
>
> The cursor doesn't move when running weston on its own VT. I don't see any
> visible reaction to the touchscreen at all.

ok, but the events work, right? If you tap a button it does something? To me
it makes sense that the cursor doesn't move as the cursor belongs to the
pointer device and not to the touch device.

> When run under X11, the cursor moves and clicks seem to be interpreted.

I assume that the touch events on X11 are passed to Weston as pointer events
which makes it just a pointer and thus the cursor gets updated.

Cheers
Martin