Baloo - Not Indexing everything by default

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Fri Oct 17 16:21:26 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 2:11 AM, Ömer Fadıl USTA <omerusta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Couldnt we add a .baloo file to specify for attributes for current
> directory, file or subdirectories about not indexing ?
> For example of a .baloo file
> skip_all
> skip_if_greater 1m
> skip_if_smaller 50k
> skip_ext txt jpg
> With --subdirs flag like
> Skip_ext --subdirs txt jpg
> Skip_all --subdirs

This does seem like something I would want at some point. Except that
instead of having a .baloo file. I would like us to use xattr of the
folder. Maybe both? Anyway, this would still only be for advanced users.

I've added a TODO about this to todo.kde.org. Hopefully, we can get a more
advanced new comer to try and hack on this.

--
Vishesh Handa