Should touch events update the cursor position?

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Oct 16 14:48:45 UTC 2014

Hi touch screen users,

I'm currently wondering how our cursor should behave when there are touch
events. Under X11 I expect that it moves the cursor, but is that really the
expected behavior? Should it affect the cursor position at all?

In my thought it's the cursor image should only be moved by a pointer device
(such as a mouse or a touch pad), but not by a touch screen.

What do the people with a touch screen think about it? How do you expect it to
behave in a perfect world?

Cheers
Martin