Dark themes

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sat Oct 4 22:35:38 UTC 2014

On 05.10.2014 00:29, Andrew Lake wrote:
> C. Further violate the string freeze by pushing the Breeze Dark icon
> theme to the Plasma/5.1 branch to provide a remedy for the icon
> visibility issues with dark application color schemes and with the

I don't think violating string freeze is critical for this.
Our theme selection UIs usually provide visual feedback to
get an idea of what an entry actually is/does, and the name
functions more as, well, a name, or a brand, or however you
want to put it. Realistically, nobody is going to stare at
the screen in puzzlement over what "Dark" means in this
context.

That said, the standard protocol is to mail kde-i18n-doc
and ask for a string freeze exception - the people with
the relevant opinion here are our translators, not actually
you or me.

> Thanks much for your patience and help,
> Andrew

Cheers,