QtQuick Controls Calendar

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 10:23:06 UTC 2014

On Saturday 08 November 2014 18:20:51 Kai Uwe Broulik wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was looking into migrating the Plasma Calendar to QtQuick Controls
> Calendar.
>
> However, we went through so much work making this thing efficient and fast
> using Canvas but the QtQuick Controls Calendar again uses one item per day
> (which potentially contains a Label and Rects for the borders). I do not
> know whether it re-uses the items when switching through months (which is a
> bit laggy with the Canvas calendar), though. One advantage is that it would
> give us week numbers for free.
>
> Suggestions?

by the way, i have done a very minimal adaptation of the calendar style in the
branch mart/completeQtQuickStyle of plasma-framework
it pretty much gets the one from Base and changes the used colors.

It's required since a theme has to be complete if exported, (they really need
a fallback mechanism if they are serious about those styles) but our control
should still be used

--
Marco Martin