Stress testing KWin's screen handling

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Nov 26 10:48:28 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 26 November 2014 11:39:18 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> > ok, that still sounds like a rendering error. A few questions:
> > * does qdus.org.kde.KWin /KWin supportInformation report correct screen
> > information?
>
> Yes
>
> > * does xrandr report correct screen information?
>
> Yes
>
> > * does restarting compositing fix it?
>
> Yes

good, so we have the correct information just render in a wrong way. That
significantly reduces the problem scope.

> > For three screens I'm completely out of testing possibilities. I don't
> > have
> > three screens and even if I had I would not be able to connect them.
>
> I managed to reproduce this when I unplugged the 3rd screen, so I don't
> think this is strictly related to having ridiculous amount of screens, but
> should be reproducible with two screens too.
>
> If there's any debug info I can provide, just let me know. I really want
> this fixed, but KWin internals are beyond my understanding :-)

How was the layout of the screens and which one did you unplug (e.g. right
most, middle or left most)? Are you using the OpenGL or XRender compositor
(just asking as the xrender could still be wrong as I didn't adjust it)?

Cheers
Martin