The usage statistics [kactivities, baloo, ktp, plasma]

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Sun Nov 16 19:02:56 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I was MiA for some time now, sorry for that.

I've settled on a query-like API. There are too many different use-cases to
be covered by something overly specific.

Now, the API looks like this at the moment (just for the Query class, the
model-based part of the api will use the Query class):

// Creating a query
// Anything can be omitted to use the defaults
Query query {
    Type { "image", "text", "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument" },
    Agent { "okular" },
    Activity::current(),
    Ordering::HighScore,
    // We can add more types if we want - no need
    // to put them all into the same place
    Type { "asdasd" }
};

// We forgot to add some type initially
query << Type { "blahblah" };

// We want to get the results
for (const auto &result: query) {
    // Process the result
}

// And to listen for the changes
connect(&query, SIGNAL(added(...)), ...);
connect(&query, SIGNAL(removed(...)), ...);

Cheerio,
Ivan

On 22 October 2014 15:15, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 21 October 2014 22:48:55 Vishesh Handa wrote:
> >
> > The reason I'm prodding so much is I'm scared of activities becoming this
> > big central thing. I have a little bit of experience on working on a
>
> well, they always were, at least in the workspace.
> the thing is it's a feature done exactly in the right way: if one doesn't
> use
> multiple activities, they are completely invisible, and that's good.
> same thing for applications that would start to use activities, if only one
> exists, all scoring and linking becomes global, not imposing anyone to use
> multiple activities, and that's good ;)
>
> --
> Marco Martin

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard