Muon and kde-gtk-config moved to kde/workspace - was - Re: Moving repositories in the module structure

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Sat Nov 15 09:40:22 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 08 October 2014 22:29:45 Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> > > kde-gtk-config does not configure how GTK applications work inside of
> > > Plasma, is the Gtk theme Configurator made by KDE.
> > >
> > > I'm almost sure that if you use kde-gtk-config in non plasma it will
> > > still
> > > change how gtk apps look line.

> > Well, on the other hand it's thought to be used from the systemsettings. A
> > 3rd party project would have to trigger the kcmshell5 or create a separate
> > kcm integration system.
>
> Or you know use systemsettings from that other DE. I'm just arguing that the
> name kde-gtk-config is fine by the branding, not trying to convince you to
> move stuff around again.

Hm, if it's positioned as "The GTK configuration GUI made by KDE" and not as a
part of Plasma, then kde-gtk-config is indeed okay.

I guess it's a more general question: Do we position System Settings as part
of Plasma? Do we position all KCMs as part of Plasma?
The answer to this question will likely have consequences beyond this one
here.