Minutes Monday Plasma Hangout

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 11:56:48 UTC 2014

Minutes Plasma Hangout, 10-11-2014

Present: Kai Uve, Martin, Sebas, Jens, Marco

-Kai Uve
* busyIndicator and ProgressBar ported to QtQuickControls
* imporovements to panelcontroller
* overhaul of notifications and osd:
    OSD will need a window type: is using noticiation type that does not work
for notifications

- Martin
* Wayland
* DataDeviceManager/DataSource interface working (clipboard and draganddrop)
* got xwayland before creating the qapplication of qwin
* will continue wayland stuff

- Sebas
* Pluginindexing benchmarking, see
  "[RFC] [kservice] KPluginMetadata indexing" email to frameworks list
* Discussed indexing of packages in KPackage, needs some bits solved
  (translations, where to put the indexer)
http://vizzzion.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/performance-comparison-charts.png
* still issues to solve on indexer vs distributions, ensuring indexes have
correct permissions

-Jens
* calamares work sorted
* sorting out how we handle design in forums
* taking care of threads in "design limbo"

- Marco
* work on KPackage, worked on queying
* almost ready
* prototype in a branch using the plugin index
* still a problem: dependency on kservice: can we lower the tier of the
framework?
* bugfixes in plasma-framework/desktop

--
Marco Martin