QtQuick Controls Calendar

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 22:35:17 UTC 2014

Hey,

if the only advantage is week numbers for free, I'd rather keep our own
stuff. Our model already has week numbers iirc and I would like to keep the
default calendar as simple as possible. I've been thinking for some time
about shipping second calendar applet with all the power features, but
keeping the default simple; with the Alternatives menu it can be powerful
when needed. And this could use whatever under the hood.

Cheers
--
Sent from tablet

On Saturday, November 8, 2014, Kai Uwe Broulik <kde at privat.broulik.de>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was looking into migrating the Plasma Calendar to QtQuick Controls
Calendar.

> However, we went through so much work making this thing efficient and fast
> using Canvas but the QtQuick Controls Calendar again uses one item per day
> (which potentially contains a Label and Rects for the borders). I do not
know
> whether it re-uses the items when switching through months (which is a bit
> laggy with the Canvas calendar), though. One advantage is that it would
give
> us week numbers for free.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Cheers,