bluedevil and bluez5

Raymond Wooninck tittiatcoke at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 12:47:07 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 05 November 2014 13:43:37 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 November 2014 12:34:32 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > Ubuntu is wanting to move to bluez5, is bluedevil ready for this at all?
> >
> > Are there any plans for a KF5 release of bluedevil?
>
> Data point: I've been using bluedevil based on KF5 for a few weeks now, and
> other than one buildsystem issue ( https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/120974/
> ) it seems to work just fine for me.

But I guess the actual question is more if a real official release is planned
for Bluedevil.  The last release was only a RC that enabled bluez5 support,
however we never saw any official release.

As you indicate bluedevil works fine with Bluez5 and KF5, but it would be good
if an official release could be either included in KDE Applications 14.12 or
as a separate version (e.g. Bluedevil 2.0 ) ??