Breeze bugs default assignee

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Nov 4 10:26:38 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 04 November 2014 11:16:10 David Edmundson wrote:
> Currently all bugs for Breeze - General are defaulting to being assigned to
> this mailing list which is why we are seeing so many here.
>
> bugs assigned to the qstyle component go directly to Hugo, which makes
> sense.
>
> bugs on the mailing list tend to drown other discussion, especially given
> that the VDG who maintain a lot of the breeze world tend to not be mailing
> list people anyway.
>
> Can I assign the bugzilla product somewhere else? Any suggestions where?

I agree that it should be reassigned, but I fear it turns into a black hole.
If it's a real bug we have devs working on it. But most bugs go more in the
direction of "I don't like breeze" which is a bug tracker very unsuited for
and doesn't reach the correct people. If we reassign my fear is that those
bugs will just accumulate. Obviously leaving them on plasma-devel is no
solution either.

Suggestion: we develop a reply template to point to the VDG and close the bug
and have a dedicated user for those bugs and have a few people following it
using the template to simply close all "don't like design". Other bugs should
get reassigned.

Cheers
Martin