Plasma Addons

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri May 23 22:23:45 UTC 2014

Hey,

we've started to get bug reports on plasma-addons. It appears they're
distributed as part of OpenSuse RPMs.

Can I confirm our position on what we're doing here, based on our
conversation last sprint.

1) They will not be released with the plasma release next month
I think to do so would undermine the quality of anything we currently have.

Plasma Next + 1 should be ok for any plasmoid that someone steps up to
maintain (not just port).

2) They should have somewhere else in bugzilla than plasmashell

I clean through plasma-shell every other evening, I know others do
too, if we include everything under the sun it'll be plasma1 all over
again. Stretched too thin.

David