Icons for Paste Bin and Paste

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue May 20 17:40:01 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 20 May 2014 19:00:08 Marco Martin wrote:
> > 2. All applet icons are coloured.
>
> if the vdg thinks that the share applet should be monochrome in the UI, this
> can be done:
> * do an icon for it in the png icon theme, colored and all
> * same name, monochrome and svg version in the plasma theme, so that would
> be taken by the applet, but the colored icon would be in the widget
> explorer.

Ah wait wait wait, I don't think that's what Uri meant. He said "The icon is
edit-paste and that icon is meant to be used in toolbars as it's in the folder
actions/ not as an application icon and it'll look terrible in the new theme
as the icons in actions/ will be monochrome.".
So the point isn't that Plasmoid icons should be monochrome, but that they
should not use action icons because those are monochrome and minimalistic and
made to be recognizable when they're very small, so overall not meant for use
in the Add Widgets dialog.