Ship with Aurorae and Qtcurve or not...

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Thu May 15 10:23:22 UTC 2014

In data giovedì 15 maggio 2014 11:39:00, Jens Reuterberg ha scritto:

> The issue WOULD be more ok from my POV if it could be contained towards me
> personally but its affecting VDG work not to mention being a massive PR

As David said, the feedback on Slashdot and Reddit is *always* negative and
mostly unconstructive at all. I would not worry about that too much.

> Talking about it we want to raise the issue of including Aurorae and Qtcurve
> by default again. I know there are technical drawbacks to this solution -

The problem (as someone who does user support) is that you will not expect a
homogeneous KF5-based environment with the PN release: in fact most people
(the ones that will use PN) will use a mixture of 4.x apps and KF5 stuff.
Therefore this should be considered IMO very carefully or the visual
inconsistencies that may arise will feel like a double punch in the eyes.

Notice that I'm not criticizing the design at all, I *like* it, it's just a
matter of consistency. The more PN releases come out and the more apps that
get ported to KF5, the less serious this problem will become.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter