Ship with Aurorae and Qtcurve or not...

Jens Reuterberg jens at ohyran.se
Thu May 15 09:39:00 UTC 2014

Ok so after the feedback from the Beta Release an issue that we knew was
coming have happened. Visuals being the most easily accessible bit of anything
technical, people have reacted negatively to the lack of change.

The issue WOULD be more ok from my POV if it could be contained towards me
personally but its affecting VDG work not to mention being a massive PR
failure for Plasma Next as the chance to actually market it as Plasma and not
KDE5 is slipping out of our grasp (not to mention the negative press it will
garner, or as it is now - the current state of "not much press at all")

Talking about it we want to raise the issue of including Aurorae and Qtcurve
by default again. I know there are technical drawbacks to this solution -
drawbacks that I and many of us are simply not technically adept enough to
understand fully and we will of course bend to your expertize on the matter -
but the issue has come to a point now that we simply want you to reconsider
and explore the options available one more time.

If it is impossible - thats the way the ball will roll. But if its even a
little bit feasible or with just a small enough performance-drag I would urge
you to include it by default.