Where we are now... (VDG)

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue May 13 11:29:40 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 13 May 2014 13:16:18 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 May 2014, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > Which part of the 4.x release exactly do you mean?
> > Applications don't decide for themselves which widget theme they use, do
> > they? So people who use 4.14 with Plasma Workspaces 4.11 can still use
>
> i mean updating oxygen for the next release to not use the gradient anymore
> and use the new colors

Yes, we could either do that or fork Oxygen and ship the fork plus Breeze
color scheme only with Plasma Next, right?
Personally, I'd prefer the latter, because then we'd have more of a visual
distinction between Plasma Next and Plasma 4.x, even though the applications
are actually the same.

I'd like to hear Jens' and Andrew's opinions on that, too though.