Where we are now... (VDG)

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue May 13 10:25:57 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 13 May 2014 09:37:20 Marco Martin wrote:
> >  Not in the Breeze project repo:
> > * plasma theme - ready to ship (probably a few minor fixes before artwork
> > freeze)
>
> is in the plasma-framework repo, shipped ()

Shouldn't the plasma theme go into the breeze repo at some point, too, so
everything artwork-related is in the same repo?

> > * icons - with the actions complete pretty well fleshed out and everything
> > else baselined on Flattr, I'm thinking we're closing in on something very
> > much shippable.
>
> ok, ping us when they are ready, they'll end up there too probably
>
> > If it's not already done, we still need to disable the oxygen background
> > gradient since, far as I can tell, that's still our default window
> > decoration and widget style for the first release.
>
> one thing is that in the first release most of the applications will be kde4
> (probably even dolphin) so having a different oxygen theme in kde4 and kf5
> apps won't help much i think

As far as I know, the idea was to apply the Breeze color scheme and remove the
gradient from the next release of Oxygen (or create a new widget style which
is basically just Oxygen sans the gradient and choose that as default) so that
applications using it (both generation 4 and 5) would fit into the overall
design direction better.