New Logo (+Ksplash minimal)

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri May 9 15:37:20 UTC 2014

On Friday, May 09, 2014 16:46:56 Jens Reuterberg wrote:
> First bit - how about changing the logo on Ksplash minimal (that Martin K
> suggested would get the gradient removed which is a great idea) to the
> Plasma  Logo instead of KDE logo.
>
> Second we've come to a sort of agreement in the KDE concerning the logo for
> Plasma to replace the Cashew. The idea was to follow the cashew in form
> instead of aesthetics and stick to "Flat but 3D" as a concept AND to have
> it spell out a P without using fonts - Uri Herrera is the dude who made it.
>
> So if you have any good input - put it in. If not we can start doing promo
> work using it (which would be AWESOME)
>
> Here's the logo:
> http://wstaw.org/m/2014/05/09/nNa4RLa.png

Scope: This replaces the Plasma logo, not the KDE logo (had to make that clear
to myself)

Direction: I like the simplistic style, but it's lacking personality to me in
this form.

I completely agree that the old cashew / spilled yellow matter / Plasma logo
looks outdated in today's context, so we need something new.

Thanks for picking up the work on that!
--
sebas