Compatibility problems with latest GTK+ applications

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed May 7 11:41:12 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 07 May 2014 12:53:51 David Edmundson wrote:
> > I don't think that it's helpful to set up any talk between me and GNOME
> > devs. They know that I don't like CSD.
>
> That's not even trying. Don't be that guy.

Well I tried. I wrote several blog posts back in 2010 showing the issues it
would cause. I explained lengthy on the Wayland mailing list why we need hints
to disable CSD, I tried to get a new extension on EWMH to properly announce
that the window doesn't want server-side-decorations. I don't see that if I
bring up the issue again it will be of any success.

Cheers
Martin