Jovie Rev 0.6 (KDE 4.11) from Linux Mint-16 KDE edition

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Tue May 6 15:25:28 UTC 2014

Daniel,

You are correct that Jovie just speaks whatever is given to it. I
guess the question then is which convention to use (or to somehow
allow use of all three depending on user preference). Adding an option
for this seems to me a bit overkill for such a small feature, but
we'll see, maybe there's an elegant way to do it based on the user's
locale or something.

The fix will need to be made in the plasma clock applet (plasmoid)
itself. I can take a look sometime, but the fix would make it into
kde-workspace that is shipped with KDE SC 4.13.1 or so. Not sure how
quickly linux mint gets new packages from source tarballs ready. At
any rate thanks for the information.

Jeremy