Minutes Monday Plasma hangout

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon May 5 11:10:44 UTC 2014

On Monday, May 05, 2014 12:30:15 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> Ivan:
> - Resource linking is almost back. A few kinks to work out. Will be merged
> after the first release of kf5.
>
> Cheerio,
> Ivan
>
> p.s. I'm not properly online to join in the hangout :/

Thanks for prenatal and proactive hijacking of this thread! Here goes the
rest:

Plasma Meeting 05-05-2015

Present: David, Jens, Marco, Martin G., Martin K., Sebastian, Aleix, Alex,

Jens:
  - The mythical Andrew has done mythical work on windecos, in a branch in
kde:breeze
  - Work on icon theme starts, we'd like it packaged so it can be tested
easily
  - Some communication strategy around branding and user feedback
  - Worked on OSD icons together with Martin Klapetek

Marco:
  - Breeze repo is up, receiving artwork-related work (cursor theme already in
there, QML style coming up, Arorae style coming up)
  - New splash screen is merged
  - Working on bugfixes
  - More work on Plasma::Dialog improvements

Aleix:
  - Started working on port of libkscreen patches for Plasma (Qt API is
lacking for screen management)

Alex:
  - Ported libkscreen to XCB, to continue this week
  - Works on Solid::PowerManagement (release blocker for frameworks)
  - Tracking down crash in favicon kded

Martin Grässlin:
  - Mouse interaction with Arorae theme is fixed
  - XCB porting in kwin
  - Audited screenlocker code, worked on some simplification and unit tests
  - Fixed crasher in windowthumbnails
  - Discovered problems in Kwin and Plasma localization (to be discussed on
mailinglist)
  - Important fix to kglobalaccel needs review:
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/117839/

Martin Klapetek:
  - Finished notifications patch for memory usage improvement
  - investigated bug with new panels overlapping
  - Panel struts patch coming up

David:
  - Worked on various bugfixes and SDDM improvements
  - Working on SDDM
    - work on not running too much stuff as root
    - SDDM and lockscreen theme
  - QtQuickControls layout improvements

Sebastian:
  - Fixed up fontinst KCM, font installation and deinstallation now worked in
my tests (port was incomplete)
  - Worked on resizing Plasma panel popups: basically works, few bugs (also
uncovers bad minimum- vs. preferred sizes, fixing those as well
  - Will also work on Kickoff bugs

--
sebas