Fwd: [kconfig] src/core: Store app config file in ~/.config/<domain>/<app>rc

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon May 5 09:13:31 UTC 2014

On Sunday 04 May 2014, David Faure wrote:
> Hello,
>
> please note this change in KConfig.
>
> I would recommend making sure your applications call
> app.setOrganizationDomain("kde.org") so that the config files go into the
> right subdir right now. Otherwise you'll face migration issues later when
> setting that.

In plasma 3 config files are used, plasmarc, plasma_shellrc, plasma-shellname-
appletsrc (like plasma-org.kde.desktop-appletsrc)

so i guess all 3 files should go under kde.org subdirectory.

configuration files are now open from different places in different ways, so i
guess it will take a bit of doublechecking to see it always searches for the
correct ones.

does KSharedConfig::openConfig("confignamerc") now tries in ~/.config or in
~/.config/kde.org ? (supposing the domain is set)

--
Marco Martin