Polishing sprint in May: dates?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Mar 31 09:50:11 UTC 2014

On Sunday, March 30, 2014 23:17:44 Bhushan Shah wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> > A bunch of us want to get together in May to put finishing touches in
> > Plasma Next. This sprint is important because it allows us to sit down
> > and fix remaining bugs.
> >
> > I am proposing dates here, though this is meant as a "soft proposal", May
> > is a busy month, and we can't realistically get everyone into the same
> > place. But even just with a few of us, it will be worth it. We will meet
> > in the Blue Systems Barcelona office, if possible for a week of frantic
> > bugfixing.
> Is it possible to have it in June after first week?? I have exams in
> may endings so I can not make it..  I just realized my both exams are
> near to current popular choice..

That's not sensible, as it's too close to the release. End of May is really
needed so we can actually still get code in (fixes), if we plan for this
stabilization sprint too late, it will mean that we're doing more
unstabilizing work because at the beginning of June, our code should already
be more or less locked down for release.

sebas