Changes in plasma desktop scripting

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Sat Mar 29 17:23:41 UTC 2014

On Saturday, 2014-03-29, 17:32:14, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Friday, March 28, 2014 21:56:55 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > I might be confusing terminology but aren't desktops and activities
> > orthogonal  concepts?
> >
> > E.g. like having a work and home activity and having a desktop setup with
> > 6
> > virtual desktops?
>
> Mostly, but we have for example an active desktop per activity, so when
> switching activities, it remembers the desktop you're on, and will go back
> to that desktop when you switch back to that activity.

Sure, but if you have, e.g. 6 desktops and 2 activities, I would expect a
JavaScript call for activities to return an array of 2 objects while a call to
a function containing "desktops" would return 6.

Or is the desktops array a property of an activity object?

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring