Changes in plasma desktop scripting

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 20:39:12 UTC 2014

Hi all,

we had still a problem in the plasma desktop scripting api, because it comes
from a time when one containment == one activity, therefore right now adding
new activities from the script is pretty much broken.

Since now is the only moment we can screw the api, today I made the following
changes:
activities() -> desktops()
activityById() -> desktopById()
activityForScreen() -> desktopForScreen()

To create a new activity, there is the new global function
createActivity(activtyName, containmentPlugin (optional))

when you want to access the actual containments created by the activity, you
do

Array[containments] = desktopsForActivity(activityId)

Opinions? comments?

--
Marco Martin