Bughunting Season!

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Mar 11 15:07:06 UTC 2014

On 11.03.2014 15:56, Bhushan Shah wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Thomas Pfeiffer <colomar at autistici.org> wrote:
>> I think opening a forum for the alpha testers for general coordination and
>> discussion would be useful anyway, just not for posting bugs/problems at
>> this stage.
>
> For this we have IRC.. :P no seriously IRC works better then forum for this case

IRC is great for planned discussion meetings or helping one particular
user, but forums have the big advantage that all the outcomes of
discussions are "logged" for everyone to read at any point. This is not
the case for IRC. Developers may not notice the difference because
they're always at least "physically" present in IRC anyway so they have
a permanent log, too, but that's not the case for "normal people".

There is a reason why forums (or discussion groups in social networks)
are much much more popular with the general public than IRC.