Review Request 116648: Split into one KCM for Desktop Effects and one for Compositing

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 14:55:46 UTC 2014

On Friday 07 March 2014 15:28:49 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Friday 07 March 2014 15:12:43 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > On Friday 07 March 2014 13:37:22 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
<snip>

> > To not end on a low note, let me repeat again: Martin, thanks for this
> > change. It is a step forward, no matter what comes next (or not).
>
> I agree that the split is a good thing, and it seems we're all on the same
> page here.
> As for the more general System Settings discussion: Please have a look at
> this thread in the VDG forum where we're discussing the issues you're
> mentioning: http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=285&t=119951
> Feel free to join this brainstorming if you like!

Noh, great thoughts going on there - I'll happily leave it up to you all. More
ideas is rarely helpful, more actual work is more helpful.  Talk is cheap and
all that and I don't have time to contribute in THIS area, too. Sorry for the
long rant above and I'm glad thought and work is being put into this.