Rendering big images in QML1 with GLWidget

Shantanu Tushar Jha shantanu at kde.org
Mon Mar 3 15:55:59 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

In PMC, we have this fragment of code which (from what I understand) uses
an OpenGL canvas to draw stuff -

        QGLWidget *glWidget = new QGLWidget;
        glWidget->setAutoFillBackground(false);
        view->setViewport(glWidget);

While this gives improved video playback performance and quality
(antialiasing etc), this leads to the QML1 Image element rendering a black
area for images more than a specific size (Somewhat more than 4000x3000 px).

The Image renders fine if I remove the GLWidget, has anyone encountered
this before and/or can suggest a solution?

Cheers!

--
Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
http://www.shantanutushar.com