Plasma 5: Roadmap post 5.0

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Mon Jun 23 16:32:21 UTC 2014

Aleix Pol wrote:
> reports open that will render your life miserable.

And this is the sentence for which I think we need the message. "We have no
bugs that will make your life miserable". :)

> We want distros to package it, we just don't want people using 5.0 when 5.1
> is released, it's not very hard to understand that 5.1 will be stabler.

Agreed with all. The distributions should package it. It should be an option
for the people who want to install it and experiment with it. It should not be
the default at this point in time.

And yes, this *is* a part of the 'distribution problem' we had (apart from
screwed up installations by a few of those), and a part of the message to the
public.

> PS: The 4.x argument is becoming KDE's own Godwin's Law.

I haven't referred to 4.x as the problem. It is just easily recognizable. :P

David Edmundson wrote:
> We're better.
Yes... we thought the same back in the day. We all used Plasma in our day-to-
day workflow for everything, not only for kde development, and it was
perfectly stable (for me and I guess everybody else in Plasma team) long
before the release.

Cheerio,
Ivan

KDE, ivan.cukic at kde.org, http://ivan.fomentgroup.org/