Plasma 5: Roadmap post 5.0

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Mon Jun 23 15:54:11 UTC 2014

> I assumed there would have been monthly bugfix releases as in 4.x?
>
> frameworks (so plasma-framework as well) would have if i understood
> correctly montly releases (with minimal feature additions and bugfixes)
>
> the workspace part I think could have a multiple of that?

There are two questions here:
- release schedule in general
- release schedule of 5.0

For the former, I think we'll need to differentiate string-freeze feature-
releases and non-string-freeze feature-releases so that the i18n teams can
keep up.

As for 5.0, I'd really love to see no bug-fix releases, with the message being
'this is not for general population, not for production systems'.

Cheerio,
Ivan

KDE, ivan.cukic at kde.org, http://ivan.fomentgroup.org/
gpg key id: 850B6F76, keyserver.pgp.com