Background for login, splash, and lockscreen

Jens Reuterberg jens at ohyran.se
Mon Jun 23 06:49:21 UTC 2014

(Im really really tired - please let me rephrase)

Ok so you have the default blurred wallpaper for the login, based on the
default wallpaper.
But then you pick a new wallpaper, and instead of having it get blurred during
login (which would make it really heavy and annoying) the wallpaper picker
blurs at the time of choosing, saving it (and the default one) in some folder
to be used as background for the login.
When you pick a new wallpaper the picker deletes the current one and replaces
it with the blurred image of your current choice. The PNG of the blurred
wallpaper can even be smaller in resolution (to save on space I guess) since,
using gaussian blur removes all detail anyway and the resolution becomes
almost meaningless.

(Granted I know close to nothing about the subject - just wondering why that
wouldn't work)