Background for login, splash, and lockscreen

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 15:21:42 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Jens <jens at ohyran.se> wrote:
> Ok so then I propose we use two days or so creating a new default background
> unless Nuno replies today.
> I mean we base if off this one or something...
>
> On Saturday 21 June 2014 07.06.54 Andrew Lake wrote:
>> Just for clarity I'm only proposing the blurred version for the login,
>> splash and lockscreen. The normal, non-blurred version for actual desktop -
>> nuno's wallpaper - is untouched and I assumed that one, or a "finished"
>> version of it, would be default.
>>
>> Whatever ends up as the default, I'd propose a blurred version of that for
>> the login, splash and lockscreen. I'd be totally fine if Nuno wanted to
>> revamp it altogether, or if we pick something else as default. That
>> screenshot I shared was just some nice wallpaper I took from deviantart. If
>> we wanted to use that one we'd need to contact the author.
>>
>> I'll commit this for the login, splash and lockscreen for the time being
>> and gen up a new one - a couple minutes of effort - if we pick a different
>> default.
>>
>> Much respect,
>> Andrew
>>
>> On Jun 21, 2014 3:52 AM, "Jens" <jens at ohyran.se> wrote:
>> > I am +1 about blurring the login AND as for the wallpaper:
>> > I've talked to Nuno about it and there is some "Mggrmmrl" going on there
>> > since
>> > he has fallen out of love with it and we still need him to send us the
>> > proper
>> > SVG's off it so we can do several different resolutions of it.
>> >
>> > If Andrews wallpaper is the new default (assuming its "homemade"...
>> > Andrew?)
>> > or whatever it is we should get it sorted asap since we need to use it as
>> > the
>> > background for the login and it would be nice to put this issue to rest.
>> >
>> > If Andrews image isn't homebrewed I will hound Nuno some more to get it
>> > sent
>> > to me so we can just get that bit off our collective chests
>> >
>> > /Jens (post-midsummer, insanely tired)

>> > better

>> > appears

>> > of

>> > out. So

>> > are

>> > http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pt8ssY4qgCQ/U3oNfW1csmI/AAAAAAAAMsA/LQvL-FvMiVQ/
>> > s1>
>> >
>> > variant

If i read this correctly:
- Blurred version for login
- Non blurred version when logged in

That makes me think.. Would it be technically possible to just use a
blur filter for the login part (it's in QML right? then you can use
the QtGraphicalEffects to blur) and then decrease the blur to 0 when
logging in? That would look really sweet i think :)

On the other hand, this probably only works neatly when the background
of the user is also used as login background...