kwindowsystem high level functions

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Jun 16 14:59:04 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Damian Ivanov <damianatorrpm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ok.
> >Whether closing a window is something which will be needed for Wayland in
> >KWindowSystem is quite questionable. If at all it's the taskmanager, no
> other
> >client should be allowed to perform such a task.
> I hope you consider for the future non-plasma taskmanagers using
> kwindowsystem (my fingers crossed). I'm writing such :)

Well, on the other hand, the development is open. If you're willing to help
we'll be happy to accept meaningful patches. OpenSource is about walking
together, by many definitions of together.

I think that what Marting means here though, is that some of these things
might not be that shareable, but you seem to have taken some steps there.

Aleix