statusNotifier hide behaviour inconsistent

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Jun 16 09:09:28 UTC 2014

On Monday 16 June 2014 10:39:34 Damian Ivanov wrote:
> It's ok if that behavior is for all wayland window manager's.
> Every window manager supplies a list with known clients for the
> copy/paste stack.
> Maybe this is something that should be done as freedesktop standard
> before it's too late...

There is no need to standardize everything, especially not if it may be
security relevant (klipper is basically a keylogger, Wayland is not supposed
to support keyloggers!).

I'm not sure whether there is a need to standardize on clipboard managers. How
many users are there which use Klipper outside Plasma or which use the GNOME
clipboard manager in Plasma? Yes there are some (for example you), but is that
a use case strong enough to limit ourselves with a standard? If it becomes
valid it's still possible to standardize (at least we plan to document all of
our custom specs).

Cheers
Martin