statusNotifier hide behaviour inconsistent

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sun Jun 15 08:45:03 UTC 2014

On Sunday 15 June 2014 06:48:06 Damian Ivanov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I implemented the StatusNotifier standard and I have one observation:
> eg.
> klipper: you left click it - it shows up - you click inside another
> window - klipper hides
>
> kmix & others - you left click it - it shows up - you click inside
> another window - it stays until it's left clicked one more time.
>
> So should the hide behavior be implemented by the application handling
> the StatusNotifier's or by
> the StatusNotifier's? If the latter, they don't work properly except
> klipper...

klipper is a special beast as the menu is not transferred to the status
notifier host at all. Instead the normal QMenu is invoked which has the
described behavior (override redirect, input grabbing). The long term plan for
the strange parts like klipper and kmix is to transform them to a Plasmoid.

Cheers
Martin