Moving Parts of Baloo into the Workspace

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Jun 12 10:33:21 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Vishesh Handa <me at vhanda.in> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
>>
>> Doesn't that tie Baloo usage to exclusively Plasma? If you want it to be
>> a framework, won't framework users need to configure the things in the KCM?
>>

> Hmm, you have a point.
>
> I was only thinking about it from a non-kde point of view. If you want a
> file indexer, you probably don't want to drag in KCMUtils. Additionally, it
> would be nice to combine the (hypothetical) runners kcms with the baloo one.
>
> For now, lets leave the kcm in Baloo.

Well, you're actually right in that non-kde systems won't want a KCM, so
you might want to give some thinking on how you want it to be used outside
of KDE, if at all.

The solution proposed by Kevin makes sense, having an interface class for
the config file can make things easy as you're explicitly listing what
things can be configured and taking care about it.

Aleix