Plasma-desktop on non Xorg (X11/Wayland) windowing systems?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 10:25:25 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 11 June 2014, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> The review request [1] raised the question whether it makes sense that we
> have any support for building without X11 support. Right now the build
> without X11 is broken, nevertheless there are many checks of the kind
>
> if(NOT WIN32)
>
> or
>
> #if defined(Q_OS_UNIX) && !defined(Q_OS_MAC)

Personally I care more about plasma-framework building and working (even if
partially) on as much platforms as possible.
plasma-workspace and plasma-desktop.. not really.

However, if the kde-windows team takes the responsibility to maintain them
building for me is fine.
(on windows would have anyways to be a very partial build i guess)

--
Marco Martin