Activity switcher problems [for Plasma and KWin teams]

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Jun 11 05:47:42 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 11 June 2014 07:45:36 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> I'm abandoning the idea, per previous suggestions, but...
>
> > why? what would that help?
>
> ... less code duplication (handling modifier keys and shortcuts), faster
> display (no complicated mechanism like the side panel loading), easier
> integration with the present effect.

I really doubt that this will be less code duplication. At least KWin would
need a strong refactoring as it currently isn't in any state to hook in a
different switcher (lot's of boolean traps concerning client vs desktop
switching).

Also I doubt the faster display given that there is a hardcoded 50 msec delay
and that won't be able to disable for one switcher type.

Cheers
Martin