Plasma 5 branding

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Fri Jun 6 10:04:09 UTC 2014

A decision needs to be made on Plasma branding because we are now a month away from release.

I plan to use Plasma 5 for the generation of Plasma using KDE Frameworks 5.

For technical numbers I'm using 4.97.0 for this beta and plan to release 5.0.0 in July.  Following releases will be 5.0.90 going for a release of 5.1.

That leaves the marketing release names.  My best idea is Summer 2014
etc so this release will be the Plasma 5 Summer 2014 release.  This
may annoy our antipodean and south american users however.
Suggestions welcome but we do need to make a decision toot sweet.

And the term "Plasma release" should be avoided, it sounds squelchy.

Jonathan