Plasma 5 Beta 2 tars

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Fri Jun 6 09:27:15 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 11:11:05AM +0200, Mario Fux wrote:
> Why appending some packages with "-kf5" and some with "5"? Seems quite
> confusing. And baloo and milou are not really (or not yet for baloo) KDE
> Frameworks. See if it all they should be appended with a "5" and the term
> "kf5" should be kept for KDE Frameworks.

Just the convention I've been using, it may well not make sense.

kfilemetadata source becomes kfilemetadata5 because it's a library and
5 is the new soversion.  baloo is more than a library so I added kf5
because it's the version of baloo which uses KF5.  Same for milou.

Thinking about it now I think milou isn't expected to be
co-installable any more than Plasma Desktop so I don't think it needs
a rename.  Baloo isn't co-installable except the libraries so there's
no reason it should be treated differently than kfilemetadata.  I'll
make new tars.

Jonathan