Visual design for logout/login/lockscreen

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 18:13:04 UTC 2014

On Thursday 05 June 2014, David Edmundson wrote:
> > * I think is just fine using the default theme and swapping textcolors
> > and backgroundcolors for the rectangles: to me it looks way better if
> > even if is dark, the two buttons still look light/default
>
> Toolbuttons were the big problem with just hardcoding colours for text
> and background
>
>  - if the icon is black you can't see it on the background
>  - if the icon is also hardcoded to white, you can't see it when you
> do the mouseover
>
>  - if you avoid using a toolbutton and load them as images hardcoded
> to white, you have no indication that it's a button, and it's bad to
> have some buttons behaving differently

I tried making them explicitly visible, don't seem that bad
http://wstaw.org/m/2014/06/05/plasma-desktopGg1731.png
(only the test app, so no blur)

mutually exclusive buttons on one side looks maybe a bit "heavier" but perhaps
seems a bit more intuitive.

and yeah, I want in the future to be able to ask Svg for a pixmap of an id
with a different forced class, so toolbutton can animate between two colors in
a case like this, but I would prefer doing it after release since if possible,
is going to be a bit invasive

--
Marco Martin