Visual design for logout/login/lockscreen

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 17:30:15 UTC 2014

On Thursday 05 June 2014, Aleix Pol wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been trying to sort these out during this week, together with David.
> I've pushed a new Lock and Logout implementations following these mockups.
> They don't look like that yet but it's quite close and workable. The main
> issue
> being that we cannot hardcode a plasma theme from them, or maybe it's not
> an issue.
>
> Well, either way it would be interesting if somebody could take a look and
> see what it feels like, then maybe we can iterate it forward.

I tried it, I think it's fine, I have just few observations/suggestions:
* seems that sometimes the window (main qml view) is not correctly resized.
Oddly tough the test program always resizes/places the window correctly
* don't bother wit the background, I think on top of the fullscreen
blur/darken effect is fine (in this case even better than a background that
covers everything)
* I think is just fine using the default theme and swapping textcolors and
backgroundcolors for the rectangles: to me it looks way better if even if is
dark, the two buttons still look light/default

--
Marco Martin