Alternatives config

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 10:35:33 UTC 2014

Hi all,

now the alternatives config ui has landed.
about the ui behavior, see
https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=285&t=122067&p=315919#p315919

right now, how make alternatives appear?
right now is using X-Plasma-Provides in the desktop file (it's a list, an
applet may provide more than one thing)

so far, only kicker and kickoff are offering org.kde.plasma.launchermenu

other applets sould be completed with similar data...

unless.. I am not sure about this,
we could just use X-KDE-PluginInfo-Category and we would already have all the
data for free.
so far looking in existing applets, it would be fine-ish, but not completely.
for instance, both folderview and trashcan have "file system" as category, but
the trashcan and folderview don't exactly look as alternatives for the same
thing :p

so, either using this new key for purpose, or adjusting the categories of
things that don't work yet.

opinions?

--
Marco Martin