How to delay loading of a kded module

Jan Grulich jgrulich at redhat.com
Fri Jul 18 07:06:59 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I would need help with delayed loading of our kded module due two problems
when it's loaded too early:

1) When you are automatically connected to a network you will get an old
notifications (the ugly one putted on top of the screen) because KDE
notifications are not running at that time.

2) You can get a password dialog even if you have your password stored in
KWallet because KWallet is not running when our kded module is asking for a
password.

So far I was checking whether plasma-desktop or plasmashell are on DBus, but
it doesn't work when you have Plasma Netbook mode or you don't use plasma-
desktop/plasmashell. The only thing I can think of is load our kded module
from plasma-nm calling LoadModule using DBus. Another approach could be
creating own DBus interface from plasma-nm and wait until it appears on DBus
and then finish initialization of the module like we did before with checking
plasma-desktop/plasmashell. What do you think? Do you have a better idea?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jan

--