Plasma 5.0.0!

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 18:25:54 UTC 2014

> Coming shortly to depot for packagers or you can grab them from
>  http://starsky.19inch.net/~jr/tmp/plasma-5.0.0/
> it's the Plasma 5.0.0 tars!

Hi Jonathan,

Because I participate in translation of KDE software into Russian, I
looked inside the packages and saw a rough edge in
systemsettings.tar.xz/po/ru/systemsettings.po: there are two "#,
fuzzy" lines left over at the end of the file.

I can only blame the release script you used. Which one did you use;
did you patch it yourself? If you look at the original file in SVN,
you'll see two obsolete messages which also have "fuzzy" flags - it
seems that the script has removed those obsoletes but didn't remove
their fuzzy flags.

Although the file is not clean in the above described way, it seems to
make no problems for the Gettext tool "msgfmt", so I think it's not
worth fixing in the 5.0.0 tarballs, only room for improvement in the
next release.

P.S.  There is a relevant discussion about stripping obsolete messages
going on here: http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-frameworks-devel/2014-July/017396.html

--
Alexander Potashev