cmake does not work

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Thu Jul 10 15:11:29 UTC 2014

Devanshu,

I know it's frustrating to begin in a very complex and huge software
as KDE and Plasma, belive me - this happened to me 6 years ago.
It's very important to try to understand the errors that you have
before asking for help, really. Holding hands is cool but not the most
efficient way to learn.

for instance, in the second one

 /usr/include/qt5/QtCore/
qglobal.h:1008:4: error: #error "You must build your code with
position independent code if Qt was built with -reduce-relocations. "
"Compile your code with -fPIC or -fPIE."
 #  error "You must build your code with position independent code if
Qt was built with -reduce-relocations. "\

This means that your Qt was build with -reduce-relocations and you
must compile your code with -fPIC , as the error says.
so, go to your CMake and add -fPIC to the CXX_COMPILER_FLAGS , and try again. :)

Tomaz