Munich Sprint in November?

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Tue Jul 8 18:30:20 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM, Martin Graesslin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 July 2014 19:40:04 Michael Bohlender wrote:
>> Hey everyone!
>>
>> The City of Munich (one of our largest institutional users) has offered
>> Kubuntu, Debian, LibreOffice and KDE PIM to host two hackfests/sprints in
>> November (two teams per event). The LibreOffice guys are busy with another
>> sprint somewhere in France and can't make it.  So the choice is now to
>> either have a single event with three teams, or to find another team that
>> wants to come to Munich.
>>
>> Are you guys interested ?
>> I should probably mention, that there is free food and beverages for the
>> entire weekend, cooked and payed for by our gracious host.

As much as I love free food, do they cover flights + accommodation?

> I attended last year and it was really great. I'd recommend we take this
> chance as we can learn a lot from what the needs are for large installations
> (and helps us to make that a selling feature over our free software

Is it more discussing problems and solutions or working through their
internal bugzilla?

If we're doing fixes for Munich that means working on Plasma 4.11. Not
a complete waste of time, but not exactly an ideal place to be
spending our time given I doubt we're making any more releases in that
series.