Plasma, Accessibility and Keyboard

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Tue Jul 8 15:47:48 UTC 2014

Tirsdag 8. juli 2014 15.48.19 skrev David Edmundson:
> Do you consider accelerator keys (the pressing alt + the underlined
> letter) to be a useful accessibility feature?

I think it's a generally useful feature, that makes it into a useful
accessibility feature too - and generally shortcuts are very helpful for
screen reader (esp power users which there are many of).

> Is that something that's going to come to QtQuick or QtQuickControls
> anytime soon?

Menus already support it and it is a bug worth filing for all UI elements
where you'd expect this to work and it doesn't.

We just had a look at the control's button code - it already has an action, so
it just needs cleaning up and this should work. Also for labels this is
something to add, definitively. I don't know if it's going to come soon, but
I'll certainly vote for it.

Adding the functionallity to labels (buddy in QWidget terms) is something that
is missing but wanted as well.

Frederik