The "Social Desktop" KCM

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Wed Jul 2 09:50:38 UTC 2014

Hey guys

We seem to be shipping a broken "Social Desktop" KCM. This KCM has not seen
any commits in the past few years, and crashes for me (on exit) in Plasma 5.

The KCM says it is used for the following -
* Get Hot New Stuff
* Community applet
* Social News applet

We're not shipping the last 2 applets. And I cannot see any information on
how the "username" and "password" would be used in GHNS. Maybe it is used
for setting the ratings.

Other stuff that doesn't work -
* The "Register" link is invalid
* The Register tab doesn't do anything for me.
* We have the option of adding a provider. What is that?

It may be best if we do not ship the KCM from now on. Specially since the
openDesktop.org is proprietary. Opinions?

--
Vishesh Handa